If you ask bodybuilders what they think is the most important nutrient in their workout, they're likely to name the big three: protein, carbs, and fat. In addition, most will be surprised when mentioned bodybuilder supplements that do not contain all three nutrients.
And therein lies the problem. With all the marketing hype surrounding the positive effects of protein, carbohydrates, and fat on a strength training program, most bodybuilders ignore the all-important vitamin without which they would not be able to achieve their maximum effectiveness. You can also get the physical therapy near urbana md.
Value of Vitamin Supplements
While it's true that bodybuilders need the right mix of the "big three" in their diet, vitamins are just as important for proper bodybuilding performance. In fact, vitamins are responsible for almost all aspects of energy production and muscle growth in our bodies.
Dietary supplements for bodybuilders
While all vitamins are important, there are some that are essential for bodybuilders. Additionally, Lefavi and Fritz recommend asking yourself these four questions when it comes to choosing which ones are important for your bodybuilding endeavors:
- Are vitamins involved in muscle activity, muscle cells, or protein synthesis?
- Does bodybuilding increase the need for vitamins?
- Are Bodybuilders Usually Deficiency Of This Vitamin?
- Do vitamins significantly improve athletic performance?
- Fortunately, you don't have to answer these questions because scientists have done the research for you and recommend that basic vitamin supplements for bodybuilders are water-soluble.
- Benefits of water soluble vitamins for bodybuilders
Because the body is depleted quickly and does not store water-soluble vitamins, they must be constantly replenished with food or dietary supplements. Fortunately, the recommended daily allowance for the vitamin is covered by most people's diets. However, bodybuilders have a higher need for this vitamin due to the unique stresses on their bodies.